Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm nearly there

I was quite small once !


Today is the day I arrive in the Falkland Islands! (I think that I can smell land already!) They have huge birds here in the South Atlantic, I saw one this morning and I think that Alex said it was called Albert Ross?

The skipper tells me that I cannot be signed off from my watch dog duties until tomorrow as there is a lot of work to be done and he can't spare me. So Adam will be collecting me in the afternoon. (I understand that he will be bringing along a V.E.T. to check me over! Not another chip?)

I can’t wait to feel land under my paws again. I wonder if they have grass in the Falklands.

It is going to be so exciting and busy I think that I should say all my thankyou's before we touch land.

I have made so many friends in the few months since I was born and it is difficult for a basset to remember all their names.

First there is my real mum Lucy and my eight brothers and sisters (I wonder where they all are now?)

Liz and Shaun who brought me up until I was old enough to leave on my adventures.

My very special foster Mum and Dad; Kerri (Kerrio) and Brian (Kubrin Kaos) who fed me, played with me and made me a very happy and contented Basset. I was very sad to leave them although I shall see them again when they visit the Falklands!!

All the SUMDs (they are not half bad for a bunch of rescue dogs) who succumbed to my Basset charms: Meggie, Boots, KuBrin, Tealeaf (my best playmate) and of course Cleo (who would never ever admit that she really loved me! -I think she is shy)

Then there is Mark (my Stunt Foster Daddy) and Anthea and their rescue dogs Poppy and Lester who used to pop in to see me and play with me if I was lonely. (actually I think that they only wanted to see me really)

My Babes, Karen and Belinda who used to help me mop the floor on Wednesdays.

And everybody else that I met, especially the nice lady (Lesley) in the pet shop who gave me things to eat! (I still have some of the chews left).

Hils, who found the Hartland Point to take me to the Falklands. Hi Hils!!

And then there are all my best friends on the Hartland Point: Skipper Dave, Chief Mate Raj, Paul the second Mate, and of course my fellow watch keeper and Third Mate Alex. Gary who looks after me, the chief cook who did not seem to need my help very much but has a lovely place to work, engineer Kit and all my shipmates. Thanks for looking after me and I am sorry about the shoes and Christmas decorations and.. and................ everything else!

Hello King Neptune.

It has been great knowing you all and being able to help you all find your 'inner basset'

Hello to Sam and Jan Guy, Mary Ann, Em and all the family members of my shipmates!

Also I must thank everybody from around the world who have visited my Blog and everybody who posted comments and encouragement. (I wonder if Paragon has her baby yet? )

Hi to all the Story Hour Children in Stayner, Ontario, and of course the Story Hour Angel! My adventures will continue.

Thanks everybody and remember, keep in touch with your inner Basset.

‘May all your ears Grow long!’

2 comments:

Kerrio said...

Is he there yet? We NEED to know :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackson,

I have been following your blog silently since you left the UK. I am so glad you keep updating us on what is going on in your life. And thank you for being such a good and adorable BFBP... :)

I appreciate you thinking about me. No, I have not got my baby yet. Hopefully, my fiance and I will get him soon. Did I tell you we'll call him "Perry"? He is going to look a lot like you (You are such an inspiration, Gen. Jackson).. :)

Well, I'm glad you made it safe and sound to the Falklands. And keep us updated with a lot of pictures of you and your new family. I am sure we all enjoy seeing you doing silly and funny things.

BTW, where do the people in the Falklands hide their sandals? found any yet??

Love you loads, pal.
Paragon