Saturday, November 11, 2006

My First Walk

Now I am a GROWN up Basset, (all of 12 weeks), I am allowed to go OUT FOR WALKS. This is a MOST exciting thing.

The humans took me from the V.E.T. to the park and Tealeaf and I got out of the car. Tealeaf was very excited and it was infectious.

Here is my first fence post: (it smelled fantastic!)


Then we went into this huge open field area, I had to be on the lead which I was not keen on, but the smells were wonderful:


And then.... I had my first "offlead" moment:


And OOOH the LEAVES!!! Heaven!


But I nearly got lost in the long grass.... on account of my legs being just a *teensy* bit short..


I followed Tealeaf around and he showed me where to go...


Then we got close to this huge wet patch called a river, and my foster mum put us back on the lead, cos we do not have life jackets and I've not had any swimming lessons yet....


I rushed up to everyone I met so that they could admire me...
and of course...
they did (I AM, after all, a babe magnet!)


Is this my best side? (I am getting the hang of the lead - the trick is to not let the humans wander off too much)


I did SOOO much running about, I am an utterly pooped Basset.

No comments: