Thursday, August 09, 2007

Can Bassets Swim?

We went to the beach at lunch time today. Luca decided that it was time for me to learn to swim. The problem is that I do not know if Bassets like me can swim! (what happens if I just sink?) I am not keen on cold water anyway even though Luca seems to love it!


Today was a lovely winter's day and we had the beach to ourselves




The sea was blue but looked very cold.


and rough!

That looks scary! With my legs I would be under water!

I decided sitting on the beach and watching was the best thing


So Luca and Sam decided that some fresh water might be best for me


I was not so sure



And I am not prepared to try that until I know that Bassets can float!


But as you can see I did get my belly wet which was a start! (I might just wait until summer to try more)

Great excitement about Adam and Jenny coming back! Luca has only two sleeps to go!

Oh yes and my dad's paw seems a little better!


.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GJ -

You are *very* brave, but wise to wait for warmer weather. I remain skeptical of swimming.

- Ernest

Anonymous said...

What amazing pics - that beach looks sooooo beautiful!

I'd be staying on the sand too though with waves that big!!

Looking forward to seeing how your floating experiment turns out as summer approaches.

River

Kerrio said...

I have a seaking suspicion that Bassets sink. Get your dad to buy some waterwings for you before you go further, just in case. Or maybe you should wait until Sam has his wetsuit on so he can rescue you...

Snogs etc

Kerrio
PS - fabulous looking day!

Anonymous said...

Yo Jackson!

Keep the swimming confined to the bath if I were you.

Glad you are having fun with Luca and keep the rest of the family up-right please!

Hugs

AJ
Scotland

Peanut said...

I wouldn't go swimming if I was you but then I hate the water.

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I don't like the water much either. I think you need some waterwings just in case you don't float! J X

Baron Von Woofer said...

DON'T GO IN THE WATER!!! Bassets sink to the bottom! My parents tried to get me into their "pool" last year, and I wouldn't have any of it...

- mac