Monday, September 03, 2007

A Winter's Day

Contrary to many people's belief a fine winter's day in the Falkland Islands can be very nice. Today was one of them and so Luca and I took everybody for a walk as it was really fine and sunny.




This is Diddle-dee something that grows everywhere in the Falklands
(It has berries in the autumn but even a Basset would not eat them!)



The ferns are full of very interesting smells and I am told that penguins live in burrows like rabbits near here (but Luca and I are not allowed to go there)


However after doing my duty as a General and inspecting the guns, the day being sunny and me being tired; a lie down was needed!

If you cannot see Luca in these pictures it was because he would not stop still enough!

4 comments:

Kerrio said...

Jackson, i looks like you are ALMOST roaching in the last picture. Do you still roach?

Anonymous said...

Jackson, I am so glad the security of our islands lies in your paws...Hold it! What am I saying?

Hug

AJ
Scotland

Nazila Merati said...

champ, you have been tagged.

smooches,

ernest

Lizzy said...

I love the pictures! That last one is very cool, with the guns behind you.

Sparky