Monday, October 23, 2006

Good Morning From Basset Land

Its my second morning in my new home. Yesterday was so fun packed with activity that I slept through the night. Only the humans like to get up early and insist I join them first thing, which is a bit much for a small Basset.

Then they make me go out to the cold wet garden - AND it's dark. They are a bit mean.

Anyway I have taught my humans a couple of new tricks.

the first is that if I bark loudly enough, they will hurry up and get my breakfast. I insist on being fed with the long legged mutant dogs, just so that they know I don't mind them being deformed and it will not colour my judgement of them.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The second is that I have taught my humans the "throw". I bring them a toy and they throw it (not too far mind, I only have short legs). I have found by repeating the process they will keep throwing the toy, though sometimes I like to confuse them by bringing back the wrong toy. They are catching on, but a little dim, I expect its cos they only have 2 legs.

IPB Image

Sometimes the human's aim is rubbish and they make me miss the toy.
IPB Image

No comments: