Monday, November 13, 2006

Second ever walk

After yesterday's solemn activities, I consider it my duty as the resident Basset puppy to cheer everyone up.

I have been on my second ever walk - this time with ALL the big dogs, which was most exciting. The big dogs are showing me what it is all about.

"Wait for meeee!" - I am beginning to see the advantages of longer legs.


On the other paw, they have further to reach to sniff, so maybe I am better off after all.


SUMDs chase rabbits. I'm not quite up to their speed (yet), but have firmly grasped the concept of retrieving prey.


For some reason, my foster mum did not really appreciate this.


Now, apparently us Bassets are particularly well designed for running, and as everyone knows:

optimum speed = optimum flap oscillation = optimum comedy value







Just in case you thought that last was a camera aberration, here it is in close up:

Perhaps I could do a stand in for Mad-Eye Moody in the next Harry Potter film?


After so much walking and running, my little legs were a bit tired and I needed a lift. Very obliging, these humans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jacksons no1 fan here! We Luffffsss yoooou!