Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It is Dog Pilling Day!

Every six weeks in the Falklands, dogs have to go to the V.E.T.s at the Agricultural Department and take some pills -with cheese if you are lucky!-

Some dogs do not like it, but I like Dog Pilling Day as I get to see Sarah and Joe AND get to eat some cheese (my favorites!)

This morning I was asleep dreaming Basset dreams -in my indoor kennel that I brought all the way from England (it is so cosy)- When my dad woke me up early!

At first I hoped that he would just go away!


But he just would not let me sleep



But then I thought perhaps I could stir myself as he said it was PILLING DAY!



But as usual I had to wait a long while before it was time to go
Then we went to see Sarah and Joe at the V.E.T.'s. They said that I am growing into a big dog and made a great fuss of me.

This is Sarah giving me my cheese!




Is that more cheese I can smell?
I like pilling day, I can't wait until the next one!



1 comment:

Kerrio said...

I can see you are very popular at the vet's Jackson :)

That indoor kennel has been slept in by LOTS of pups & dogs:

First it belonged to Tealeaf when he was tiny,
Then Meg and Sascha slept in it,
then Whisky slept in it,
Then Java and Kizzy slept in it,
The Tad slept in it,
Then Tali slept in it,
Then Lucy slept in it,
Then Myrtle (bless her cotton socks) slept in it.

And lastly - it was YOURS!

It's a well slept in kennel for a well Travelled Basset (well - you would not want that had not be tried and tested for comfort - would you?)