Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Beaches, Birds and Things

The Falkland Islands are famous for their bird life and I am becoming familiar with lots of them although they are not very friendly and always fly away when I try to talk to them!


The other day these Upland Geese were not at all interested in bonding



This morning I got up early to see if I would have any better luck this time
I saw lots of birds in the distance: A Turkey Vulture, Logger Ducks, a Ground Tyrant, a Dotterel, more Upland Geese (there are lots of them!), kelp gulls, a thrush, a long tailed meadowlark (we call them robins as they have a red breast), common shags, grass wrens (in the grass!) and many more that I cannot remember, but no penguins (although I did catch a glimpse of a King Penguin the other day)


This two banded plover seemed to want to play




Oh Heck what now?



I think he really just wanted to get me wet!


so I just savored the beautiful sunrise



which is my favorite thing to do on a nice morning



Basset Bliss -smells, sounds and solitude-


And Interesting Birds!

Is that a penguin I see before me?
(Shakespeare ?)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Mr G Jackson,

It is a while since I last caught up with your adventures as a Globe Trotting Basset Hound.

March's entries have caused much giggling and entertainment, especially the remodelling of your BIG Red Nose. The way in which your ears enjoy a paddle in "Beaches, Birds and Things" raised a huge grin.

Miss Meg Packham was overcome to read her name in the comment from (Auntie) Kerrio in "It's Dog Pilling Day". She is one of those lucky hounds to have slept in your lovely cosy indoor kennel. Although if I remember rightly, Miss Meg did very little sleeping!!

KuBrin Kaos (your agent) mentions a TV appearance in "Valentine Card!" - a TV appearance?! Famous on the big screen as well as the World Wide Web?! Perhaps you could send your pawtograph?

Until next time...

With lots of love
Ali & Graeme, Lucy, Meg & Murphy (aka the Packham Hounds).xxx

Nazila Merati said...

GJ sir!

We cannot comment on your post about fleecies, but I found you one.

http://www.ferretstore.com/kj-01196.html

Ferrets, I do not understand, but tugs I do!

Do you have a birding life list? I want one. We saw a bald eagle this morning on our walk/drag.

smooches mate.

e.t.puppy

. said...

Your beach pictures are amazing! The colors are really terrific.