Friday, June 15, 2007

Liberation Day!

The 14th of June is Falklands Liberation Day, and this year it was the 25th anniversary of the liberation so it is a special year and there are lots of important people here. I did volunteer to meet and greet them all but my offer was declined. There have been lots of special events and yesterday there was a big parade where I think that Adam was doing his usual shouting!


Unfortunately my dad was sick and had to go to the VET so he missed most of it, but Joan and Terry kindly took me out and we had our own celebration!


I will try and post some interesting pictures of the official ceremonies (Adam shouting etc..) when I can get them. However in the mean time this is what I got up to:


AJ and Terry bought me a special hat to wear for the day but the elastic broke and so it kept blowing off!

But I got good at retrieving it!


But I had to hang on tight!


A kelp Tug-o-war was just as much fun!


especially if we pulled together


But AJ did not manage to tempt me into the icy waters!


The only drawback was the bath afterwards!
But I do have to admit that I had got pretty muddy!

I understand that all the school children were given Liberation coins.
I wonder If I will get a Liberation bone?


.

8 comments:

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey GJ, it looks kind of cold on your beach! Hope your Dad is OK... J x

Sophie Brador said...

General, In honour of liberation day, you should go liberate your dad from the vet. I hope they don't try to stick a thermometer up his bum. I hate that!

wally said...

Liberation bones for all!

wally

Peanut said...

happy Liberation day. Did you get the bone?

Headgirl said...

I think your Liberation day looked fine. Hope your dads ok!
Pats to you
Blue

Kerrio said...

Hey GJ!

Maybe with those ears you could have offered to do a "Basset fly-past". I'm sure they would have accepted.

Hope your dad feels better soon AND you get a liberation bone!

Snogs
Kerrio

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey, I just watched you in the BBC film clip. You stole the show! J x

Nazila Merati said...

We watched you on the computer.

Vive la liberation!

Zut alors!

ernest