Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Like Cutting up Beef Day!

Today my Dad went to help Adam cut up a quarter of beef, and lo and behold he brought me back a bone!

Luca and I are going for the Guinness Book of records for the bone chewing endurance record. I am not sure about Luca but I have been at it for nearly four hours!


There is nothing like a good beef bone.



Luca's looked pretty good as well but I think he has buried his already!



Now, about the celery thing:

Auntie Joan usually has something pretty good to offer me: a bit of cheese, a Marmite sandwich, a digestive and such like, just what a sharp set Basset needs!, but yesterday she gave me a stick of celery!

Being a well brought up Basset I thought that I should try it, but I have to say that I was not that keen (something unusual in itself!) The strings got in my teeth and it was not that tasty either, however I did my best with it.

I have since found out that you burn more calories digesting celery than it contains! No self respecting Basset would eat anything like that unless it was something tasty like a remote control or a mobile phone! (I believe that there are more calories in a good paperback or a roll of kitchen paper!)

Thanks Auntie Joan, I think I will pass next time.



The reason why this picture is blurred is that I suspect that AJ was laughing!


Right, I must get back to my bone.
(My Favorite!)

PS: After six hours!

(I may have to sleep on it!)


.

14 comments:

wally said...

I once chewed a bone that long. I had to sleep the entire next day. I think our normal height helps, since we don't have to bend over like our mutant friends.

wally.

Peanut said...

I could come help you with that bone.

Ben & Darling said...

WOw, thats a HUGE bone for me. I never taste a bone like that before but I making mom to get me one.

Nazila Merati said...

I am soo jealous. N.mom takes the bone away after about one hour to give me or her a rest.

smooches,

erns

Kerrio said...

SIX hours of bone chewing???

Have you contacted the Guines Book of World Records yet?

Bloomin eck Jackson, that's incredible. (Or was it inedible?).

Snogs
Kerrio
PS Did you take a break for supper?

Kerrio said...

Oh yes... and "Normal height" Wally? You are dwarves!!!

:p

Kerrio & the SUMDs

Headgirl said...

That was some bone!
Anything left now???

Pats
Blue

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky dog !!!!
I bet you are all the envy of your neighborhood.

(smooches)

Vinnie and Homer said...

Wow. Vinnie and Homer would love a bone like that, although they'd probably fight over it, like brothers do.

Anonymous said...

Bones. Yum. How do we get one?
Wuf Ya!
Gomer & Opie

fee said...

me too, i could come help with that bone!

Scruffy said...

Oh my DOG! What a bone! I am jealous. Mine is not as big. If you can't finish it let me know. I am very happy to help.

The Mighty Scruff

Lizzy said...

Wow, you must really like that bone!

You should try celery more often, it's actually quite good. I like it more than my humans do! (Put some peanut butter on it)

Sparky

The Brat Pack said...

That looks soooo good, I think you need me to come help.

Samantha