Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Queen's Birthday!

Today is the Queen's Birthday and for some reason it is celebrated with the firing of guns! (21 times!) I was very brave and stayed at home but after the first bang made me jump I went to sleep which I find is the best thing to do on occasions like this.




I think that Adam had something to do with it as he was all dressed up in a smart uniform and he shouted at people!

(that is him with the big stripe down his trousers)


In the afternoon my Dad, Uncle Terry and Auntie Joan went for a walk on a different beach and saw lots of new things.



We saw old sailing ships





and even more..........


I met a new friend

(hopefully I will see more of him but I don't think he has ever seen a Basset before!



The ground was a bit rough on a Basset




Later Auntie Joan really appreciated my company
Bliss!
(She can fondle my ears anytime)
That was a good Queen's Birthday. Only four months to go to my first birthday!
(I think I will do without the guns)



6 comments:

Kerrio said...

Jackson, Joan is obviously putty in your paws, you look VERY smug in that last picture.

Kerri
xx

KuBrin Kaos said...

Hiya GJ,

I can't believe that you went to sleep after that gun went off!

You don't, by any chance, know what they were aiming at, do you ?

General Jackson said...

don't you know that Generals are not supposed to show fear under fire?

General Jackson

Nazila Merati said...

General Jackson, SIR!

I am not taken by loud noises either. Why can't military displays be quiet?

I love the last picture of you, clearly you know how to work it!

with awe,

ernest

wally said...

Hi General Jackson--

I just popped over to your website to say hello to a fellow short legged dog.

You are braver than me, though that's not surprising from a General. The guns would scare me. But, I admit, the queen scares me a bit as well.

wally.

Sophie Brador said...

Maybe you can get 21 snacks instead.