Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hello from down here...

Hello out there in the Big World. Amazing to think I am now at the bottom of it, after coming all the way from the top. Such a long way for a little Bassett Hound.

I can now do steps! There are 4 up into the house, and I have been doing a lot of practicing. At first I would walk up sideways, with all of my right legs, then all of my left legs and lever myself up on to the top one with my chin. That was all a bit hard going. Now, if I get 3 lengths of me away from the steps and get speed up I can zoom up them all and do a little extra jump over the top one.

I enjoy having a romp with the big people here, and playing with my toys, but yesterday some little people came to see me. Well, Laura (she is MUCH smaller than me) slept and did not see me at all but Archie (he is almost my size, but standing up) and I had enormous fun chasing about and chewing things.

Me meeting Archie


Me Chasing Archie:


I have a bed my dad bought me, and it is SOoooooo squishy, and if you leap on it, it sort of goes boing-boing and throws you up in the air. After the visitors left, I made time for a sleep and to dream of my dad arriving TODAY, at two ten in the afternoon (Falkland Island time). That is what the Ar A Ef said on the Information Line number anyway. They organize the big 'planes to come up and down over the ocean that my ship came on.

I just can't wait. I am beside myself with an-tis-erpation.

No comments: