Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bath Time...


After my bath this morning, and my getting dried with a Liverpool Supporter's towel (I like Liverpool , I think I will become a supporter and get a scarf in red and white with a cockerel on it) I asked Aunty Joan about getting a tattoo. She was not very impressed and said that it would hurt like blazes and would mark my skin for-ever. She said I could ask my Dad when he arrives, but did not hold out much hope. I had a little practice on the ship, with some white paint on my ear, just to see what the effect would be.

I am in a thing called Quarren- teen, but I am not sure what it is. Perhaps it is what they call a house in the Falklands . It all seems pretty ordinary to me. Anyway, I hear that all visitors to the Falklands go to see the penguins, but because of the quarren-teen I cannot do that for a bit.

I have been out in the garden watching the Robins They are whacking big birds with bright red aprons on, and they make a heck of a din. Not like English Robins at all.

The house here in Stanley is right by the sea - I can just spy it if I stretch up high and look out of the conservatory. It is not going past, and the floor is not moving, so I think we must be at a dock

Must sign off now, as I am helping Uncle Terry fix a door and we have to keep too-ing and fro-ing to the workshop.

Love you all lots and can't wait till my dad comes tomorrow.

3 comments:

General Jackson said...

Jackson! You need your nails cut!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

We're pleased that you have made it to dry land. Keep practising and you will get your landpaws back again!
We hope that Dave and his merry men will find their way back to the UK now that they have lost their dogwatch keeper.
If you happen to see Cyril and Val Ellis say Hello from us. We knew them on the Isles of Scilly.
Enjoy your life on the Falklands and with your new family.
Sam and Jan Guy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackson,
We miss you loads and see that you are growing very large just like us. Our mom Lucy is fed up and wishes that we were in the Falklands with you.
Love your brother Boomer and sister India