Sunday, May 27, 2007

Eight things about me?


Ernest has tagged me!

I am not sure that I can count up to eight before I fall asleep! (it is all those sheep and my inner sheep dog you know)

1. I was born a Basset but was reared as a Lurcher. Confusing? You should see it from where I am! I am sometimes a Basset and sometimes a Lurcher and now I think I might be a sheep dog!

2. I was signed on as Ships Watchdog on a voyage from England to the Falkland Islands. I met King Neptune. He reprimanded me for sleeping on watch, eating the Christmas decorations off the Christmas tree, stealing and chewing the crew's footwear and using the Officers Saloon for a toilet! (for a full description of this memorable meeting see 'I am all at sea part 3' in January)

3. My favorite things are sleeping, walks, food, my Dad, walks, foster Mum and Dad, sleeping, Luca, sleeping, Jazz, anybody who takes me for a walk, Joan and Marmite sandwiches, sleeping, SUMD's, food, sleeping, food, sleeeeeeee...............zzzzzzzzzzz

4. I am a tourist attraction in the Falklands: The tour guides point me out on bus tours. My dad thought that the tourists were looking at him but I put him straight about that.

5. I have been in trouble for chewing things: Remote controls, magazines, cushions, shoes, socks, in fact anything that takes my fancy! I was in real trouble for leaving my Dad's IPAC outside in the rain! (That is the Basset way!)

6. I am fixated on food. I have yet to find food that I dislike but I am working on it. (That is also the Basset way!)

7. I like going to the VETs! Every other dog tells me that this is wrong, but I love Jo and Sarah and will walk through fire to see them.

8. I think I should be Governor of the Falkland Islands and I do not have a tattoo.


I think I will go and have a lie-down............

17 comments:

Kerrio said...

A Basset raised as a lurcher.... the mind boggles!

Brilliant :)

Headgirl said...

I'm still laughing so much, @ your "8" I can't comment properly!
The Faulkland Islands is obviously the richer for you & your dad being there!

Pats
Blue
x

Lizzy said...

I enjoyed reading your 8 things about yourself!

Sparky

Peanut said...

You learn such good stuff from these lists. You would be a tourist attraction anywhere.

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey GJ, me again. I too have yet to find a food I don't like. I'm still searching though so I'll keep you posted. J x

You Can Make It If You Try said...

Check out our blog this week, one of the bassets makes a guest appearance

Sophie Brador said...

General Jackson, I'm not really clear on what your story is, except that I think you were once a foster dog with Tealeaf and the gang. I'm going to have to do some research on the back story.

You sure are cute. I live down the street from a bassethound. He's cute. And my friend Tigre (sorry, a cat) has a basset hound uncle. http://ifyoutry.blogspot.com/
Tigre is a very opinionated cat.

Bella said...

hee hee so funny very cool things from the Basset/Lurcher/maybeGovernor.
Wuffs
Bella
ps I'm also an honorary sight-hound too

Bob said...

Hi General Jackson

I am a basset hound raised as a little boy so I understand all of your eight things about me cept I don't much like the vetman. I live in Washington State in the USA maybe we can be penpals or sumthing.

http://www.mypetspages.com/mysite/389/

yur furend
Bob the DOg

The Brat Pack said...

Hi there!!
We're late in finding you but wanted to send out our hellos!

The Brat Pack

Scruffy said...

Hi General

Just wanted to drop by and say Hi. You must be only doggie I know that actually likes the vet. I don't like them. They're mean. They poke and prod you and stick painful things into you. And they took away my boy bits!!!!

The Mighty Scruff

Anonymous said...

Hi GJ,
Is it good to have your dad back then?
He should join the daily Drool mailing list. It is run for people like him who are owned by bassets like us

Ben & Darling said...

Hi GJ, found ya blog thru Kerrio.

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Are you listed in the brochures? I wonder if it's the celebrity house tour or the haunted house tour....

Bussie Kissies
Buster

charlotte's blog said...

your pretty i like ur droopy eyes
lots of barks
charlotte

Lorenza said...

Hi, General Jackson.
I share with you your love for food and sleeping.
Must be great to be a turist attraction!
Have a nice day
Besos
Lorenza

wally said...

I will eat anything. Do you think I'm a basset?

You and Ernest are quite ambitious with your dreams of political careers. I prefer b*tchin' and moanin' from the peanut gallery.

wally.